Recently we learned that LightSpeed had added credit card processing for Canadians in their 3.8 release. This was very exciting news as we’ve been waiting for a very long time for this. Now, with version 1.4 of LightSpeed for iPad, we can now process credit cards on the iPad as well.
Unlike the terminal that we’ll use to process credit cards for LightSpeed on a desktop computer, it’s unclear whether or not LightSpeed for iPad will support debit and chip/pin credit cards or just the old fashioned swipe cards as are used south of the border. Do we even need a card reader on our iPad or is the app simply sending the information over to the payment terminal at the front counter. I’m going to see if I can get some answers to these questions as no documentation on the LightSpeed website seems to be updated as of this writing. Stay tuned for more on this.
No word yet on when we’ll see this for LightSpeed mobile for the 4th generation iPod touch and iPhone but one can only assume that this won’t be far behind.
Here is the official list of enhancements and bug fixes for version 1.4…
- Moneris payment processing support now included for Canada
- Cash payment rounding now supported
- Magtek uDynamo encrypted card reader is now supported
- Bug Fixes
- Updated Socket SDK for improved scanner connectivity
- Resolved a crash when selecting a historical invoice that contains a deleted customer
- Searching for a company now properly displays the company name
- Resolved a crash when displaying inventory levels